There aren’t a lot of people who enjoy doing the tedious task of ironing. However, it is also something that you cannot just ignore. The good news is you can do it very easily with a steam generator iron.
They give you crisply ironed clothing and, believe us, make your life so much easier. For the modern generation folks like you, this iron is a hand of help that will not disappoint you.
It is sleek and powerful, making even a tedious task like ironing a little better. You don’t have to think while ironing with this because it will do the thinking for you.
In this article, we talk about the 7 best steam generator irons that you can explore and how you should choose them. Read further to get to know all about it.
What Are Steam Generator Irons? Are They Better than Standard Irons?
When ironing big sheets or other big cloth pieces, a steam generator iron suits your needs way better than traditional steam irons. They basically expel high-pressure steam that helps you remove deep creases from not one but both sides. It works with minimal effort and helps make the boring chore of ironing easier.
When exploring steam generator irons, there are mainly two kinds of irons, pressured and non-pressured. The non-pressured one works very much like the normal iron, but its output is way better. As for the pressurized models, they are better for more stubborn creases that penetrate the fabric more deeply and give you a beautiful finish.
Speaking of whether these irons are better or not, they surely are. They help you get a lot of laundry ironed very soon, and they give better outputs as well. While they are a little more pricey than the standard irons, they are great investments for anyone who regularly does the ironing.
You can check out our picks for the Best steam generator iron here.
1. Long-Term Performance: Perfect Steam Pro
- Professional-level results at home: transform your traditional ironing routine into a professional experience with Rowenta Perfect Steam Pro, delivering an unbelievable steam output thanks to its unique built-in boiler technology
- Professional results faster: Cut your ironing time by half with the high-pressure steam, deeply penetrating the fabrics. Precisely and evenly distributed through the 400 holes of the Microsteam Soleplate, it efficiently removes tough unwanted creases
- Large water capacity for extended use: unlike a traditional iron, the 1.1L water tank is way bigger but also removable for easy refills and uninterrupted ironing sessions
- Lightweight and Maneuverable: unlike your traditional iron, discover the lightweight design of this iron, making it so easy to handle and maneuver during your ironing and crafting sessions. Glide smoothly over any type of fabric, ensuring gentle pressing
- Durable Companion: Experience peace of mind with the Perfect Steam Pro's leak-proof design and calc collector: no more worries about water leakage or accidental stains. Performance made to last
Features We Love:
- Comes with a docking station
- Has Large Watertank
- Gives professional performance
One of the best steam generator iron, this Rowenta DG8624U1 is a perfect iron because it gives any user perfect professional-level results and has its own docking station. So, no more fear of your iron falling off. If you are someone who irons more often, you will love and value this product indeed.
The design and feel of it are top-notch, and this is a very durable product. This stainless steel iron has a large water tank with a smartly designed pointed tip and stands out in all other options. However it is a little pricey, but it is perfect for anyone who has to iron every day or for anyone who wants extra precision.
This Rowenta Perfect Pro Stainless Stell Soleplate Steam Station breezes through different fabrics like satin, linen, and cotton. It works spectacularly through all the creases and wrinkles. While it is a little heavier in weight and can be a little difficult to use, the design is eye-catchy and very safe to use.
2. Easy To Use: Reliable 125IS Maven Steam Iron
- ✓𝗖𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗖 𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗘𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 - This feature provides heat distribution and maximum steam penetration for a smooth ironing experience
- ✓𝗣𝗥𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗟 𝗧𝗜𝗣 - This awesome feature allows you to iron hard to reach small spaces, like the areas between buttons.
- ✓𝗜𝗥𝗢𝗡 𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗞 - If you need to move the Maven from place to place, you can do so with ease. This feature locks the iron to its base, keeping you safe
- ✓𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗨𝗧-𝗢𝗙𝗙 - This safety feature ensures the Maven is turned off automatically after 10 minutes, giving you peace of mind should you forget to turn it off
- ✓𝟭 𝗟 𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗞 - The removable tank holds an impressive 1L of water, allowing for longer periods of steaming. It can also be re-filled mid-ironing, eliminating the need to stop to refill
Features We Love:
- Fast Heat Up Technology that gives better heat distribution
- Easy and lightweight to use
- Comes with safety features
A very easy-to-use iron, this Reliable Maven Steam Iron is one of the best steam generator iron in this segment. It comes with fast heat-up technology and has a ceramic soleplate that gives great heat distribution and maximum steam penetration, giving a very smooth ironing experience. Because it is compact and reaches hard-to-reach places, you can use iron spaces even between buttons.
Making it very safe to use, the iron comes with a lock that helps you move it almost anywhere without really causing it any trouble. As an added feature, this steam generator iron also comes with a 10-minute automatic turn-off switch that will make sure you don’t have to worry about turning your iron off your iron all the time.
You also get a removable 1L tank of water that allows more steaming and allows you to iron more of your clothes all at once. Since it comes with a removable water tank, you can refill mid-ironing. However, one con with this iron is that it heats up a little more than desired when used for longer hours.
3. Most Reliable: PurSteam Professional Grade 1700W Steam Iron
- Ultra-press Stainless Steel Soleplate - Thick chromium finish soleplate for durability, scratch resistance and unparalleled glide; specially designed steam distribution is perfect for sewers, quilters and crafters.
- Easy Thermostat Control & Axial Steam Holes - Based on fabric type, you can easily select the ideal steam output and keep the temperature how you like it. The placement, alignment and size of our steam holes gives you the maximum amount of steam required while maintaining even heat distribution throughout the soleplate.
- Cut Your Ironing Time In Half - With our Rapid Even Heat Technology and 1700-Watts of Power you can easily glide across various garments and smooth hard-to-reach areas. Our PurSteam steam iron provides you with ideal temperatures for cotton, wool, silk, linen, polyester, nylon and more.
- Safety Features - Keeping you safe at all times with our automatic 3-way shut off system, avoiding accidents and burnt clothes. With our new Anti-Drip feature you don't have to worry about water dripping out of the soleplate at low temperatures or when the iron is not in use. ANTI-CALC prevents mineral build up.
- Unsurpassed Quality/ Live Customer Support - Water drops in the tank? Do not fear! This just means your PurSteam steam iron was thoroughly tested before arriving at your home. Our rigorous testing process ensures the best quality possible. Each and every iron is filled with water and tested to make sure it works perfectly! And our support will make sure you're 100% satisified!
Features We Love:
- Fast heating time
- Great Safety
- Great durability
A very reliable PurSteam Professional Grade iron is an ultra-press stainless steel soleplate that has a thick chromium finish that is durable and scratch resistant, with unparalleled glide that gives perfect ironing. It comes with different settings for different types of fabrics that keep the temperature in control, and the alignment of the steam holes gives you great heat distribution.
Since this iron has rapid heat technology, it glides across all your garments, even in hard-to-reach areas, and gives a great crease-free look.
The iron also has an automatic 3-way shut-off system that helps you avoid burnt clothes and an anti-drip feature that you won’t have to worry about water dripping from the iron. The PurSteam Professional Grade iron surpasses all the quality tests and is reliable.
However, there are some cons that come with this product. Those include that this iron is a little heavier and the socket placement is such that some might find it hard to work with it.
4. Best Budget Buy: Black+Decker ICR 2020 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron
- Even Steam Soleplate Design - The advanced soleplate design is engineered to produce consistent steam flow from heel to tip for fast, professional results vs BLACKplusDECKER IR08x standard iron with standard soleplate
- TrueGlide Nonstick Soleplate - The enhanced nonstick soleplate is engineered to glide smoothly across all types of fabrics
- SmartSteam Technology - Take the guesswork out of ironing. SmartSteam automatically optimizes the amount of steam based on the temperature you select
- Vertical Steaming - Use the iron as a steamer for quick touch-ups right on the hanger or for steaming curtains and drapes
- Automatic Shutoff - For added peace of mind, the iron shuts off when left unattended for 30 seconds on its side or soleplate, and after 8 minutes on the heel rest
Features We Love:
- Space saving
- Large water holder
- Vertical steaming possible
A compact and easy-to-use iron, this Black+Decker iron is the best steam generator iron in the budget segment. It is incredibly effective and isn’t heavy on your budget. Not only on iron boards, but you can also iron clothes vertically by hanging them with this iron. Moreover, it is small and a space saver with a retractable cord that makes it easy to store.
You can use it on various fabrics, and you will get di-wrinkled and crisp clothes in not more than two attempts. Different heating options allow you to iron almost all fabrics without ruining them.
It is lightweight and definitely a great addition to any home. For added peace of mind, this particular iron shuts off immediately after 30 seconds on its side and after 8 minutes when it’s on the heel rest.
5. Best Basic: Sunbeam White GCSBC Classic
- MORE POWER: Classic Steam Iron comes equipped with 1200 Watts of power for quick heating
- POWERFUL SHOT OF STEAM FEATURE: works horizontally or vertically for hanging garments, upholstery, or drapery
- SPRAY MIST FEATURE: the spray mist feature helps smooth out even the toughest wrinkles
- NON-STICK SOLEPLATE: mid-size nonstick soleplate glides smoothly across fabrics
- AUTO-SHUT OFF: equipped with a 30 minute auto-off feature for added safety and peace of mind
Features We Love:
- Different settings
- Heats up very quickly
- Easy to use
A basic and great iron, this Sunbeam, White GCSBC Classic iron is a very powerful iron with 1200 watts of power which gives quick heating. It works horizontally and vertically on all fabrics and has a special spray mist feature. This will help you get wrinkle-free clothes in a matter of moments.
Adding to the safety, this iron has an auto shut-off feature that gives you peace of mind. There are precision tips that help you get between buttons and around colors. The anti-drip system in this iron is good for mess-free ironing. It is a great basic iron to bring to your home.
6. Best Cordless: Panasonic NI-L70SR Cordless Iron
- CORDLESS STEAM/DRY IRON Enjoy the ease and freedom of cordless steam and dry ironing with this sleek 1500 Watt iron; Ideal for quilting, sewing and crafting
- CURVED STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE Smartly curved, super-smooth stainless-steel soleplate heats quickly to nimbly remove creases and wrinkles
- VERTICAL STEAM FEATURE With the push of a button, a powerful vertical steam feature directs a full burst of steam to relax and remove winkles in hanging garments, curtains and drapes
- TOUCH-BUTTON IRON & STEAM SETTINGS Electronic temperature controls on the iron's handle make it quick convenient to select and adjust temperatures for a wide variety of fabrics, plus variable steam — or no steam — settings for fast, smooth removal of wrinkles and creases in clothing and more
- Capacity: 0.154 liters
Features We Love:
- Easy To Use
- Comes With A Case
Don’t look any further if you are looking for an easy-to-use cordless steam iron. The Panasonic NI-L70SR is the best steam generator iron in the cordless segment. It is easy to use with a comfortable grip and no-drip technology.
Heating up quickly, the settings are simple enough for anyone to use. The iron goes well on cotton and linen fabrics in less than a minute and helps you achieve the best results.
It is cordless and great for ironing curtains and other complicated fabrics. The only downside of this iron is that it is a little bulky, and the charging cord is in front instead of the back. It does well on most fabrics, but you have to put in some extra effort when it comes to linen. So, on average, it is a great cordless iron.
- Easily iron on a traditional board or steam fabrics directly on a hanger
- Perfect results in a single movement for all fabrics and colors with its professional iron and steam
- Portable, easy to move around, and put away due to its unique ergonomics
- Ready to iron and steam in only 5 minutes
- Purifies fabrics with Laurastar DMS (Dry Microfine Steam), which eliminates dust mites, bacteria, and fungi that are resistant to being washed in lower temperature cycles.
Features We Love:
- Absolute best steam generators
- Dry microfiber system
- Makes no noise
- Comes with a removable water tank
Laurastar is one of the best brands for steam generator iron, and if you are ready to splurge, this Laurastar Lift is the one best steam generator iron in the luxury segment. This iron is specifically designed to make your load lighter.
As the Dry Microfine Steam DMS seeps into the fabric, it gives the best results. The systems used in these systems help you eliminate dust mites, viruses, and bacteria that help you eliminate any issues. With that said, a few cons to this one are that it takes a little longer to heat up and has a lot of force, making it difficult to iron quilted products. So, if you do not have an issue with this, you can surely look at this particular product.
Things to Look for in a Steam Generator Iron
There are a number of irons available, and they all are the best steam generator irons in their own segment. However, that doesn’t mean they will all fit your needs or expectations. So, here is a list of a few things you can keep in mind when choosing the best iron.
- Temperatures: One of the foremost things is picking a steam iron that has different temperature settings. Since different fabrics need different kinds of care, it is important that you have different temperature settings that can switch between high and low heat.
- Steam Output: Steam output is generally measured in grams per minute, and any steam iron with higher grams per minute is an effective one. Some models offer 200 grams, and others 35. So, as per your need, you can choose one.
- Portability: If you are someone who has space to display their ironing materials, you might not need a steam generator iron which is portable. However, if you whiff it away every time you are done ironing, you have to look for one that you can move. So, depending on your convenience, this is a feature you might have to keep in mind.
- Safety Features:Many steam generator irons come with various safety features, and it would be good if you kept some safety features in mind when choosing a steam generator iron. If you are a beginner, you might need an iron with better and more features. An automatic shut-off or an iron with anti-drip technology would be a great place to start.
Any and all of these features are the ones you can look at when exploring the best steam generator iron.
How to Care for Your Steam Generator Iron?
We have said it before; we will say it again, steam generator irons are great for all uses. However, it is important to ensure you care for them well enough to ensure their durability and effectiveness. Here are a few tips on how to do it.
- Use an ironing board: when needed; preferably, choose one that is breathable and allows the steam to pass through.
- Use the correct water: Most steam generator irons generally use ordinary tap water, but if your water is too hard, consider using diluted or distilled water. You can also use water softeners to ensure your machine works for longer.
- Avoid scratching: it over metal zippers and buttons. Once you are done with your iron, keep it on its base or heel.
- Keep your machine clean: It is very important to keep the machine clean but do not use scrubbers to do it. Rinse the boiler after about 10 uses so that the hard water does not build up, and simply wipe the plastic parts of it.
Steam Generator Irons come in different budgets and sizes, and it is important that you keep everything in mind before you choose the best steam generator iron for yourself. Some added benefits of getting a steam iron are that they help you do the work much faster and are more effective.
They also help you save money in longer runs. These irons are good for anyone, and if you plan to invest in something like this, it is a great investment.
These products will help you with the ironing part much better and easier. Let us know your views on these elements in the comments and which one you have decided to bring home.