Benjamin Moore White Dove is a color loved by all homeowners and designers. It is a classic example of a perfect white color. It is counted as one of the best white paint colors among the other Benjamin Moore paint colors.
The color is created in such a way that looks fabulous on any house wall, be it a living room or bedroom wall, and also on cabinets. If you have been looking for a white shade that would look good on your house, then you are at the right place.
Read this article below to know more about this beautiful and versatile white paint color.
What Color is White Dove?
White Dove is a soft, warm white and has a creamy hint of color without being too yellow.
The White Dove color belongs to two Benjamin Moore collections. One is the Off-White collection, which is named White Dove OC- 17, and the other one is the Premium Mix collection, which is known as White Dove PM- 19.
The color is the same but just has different names according to the collections.
What is the Light Reflectance Value [LRV] of a White Dove?
First of all, Light Reflectance Value[LRV] is a measure of light reflected by a surface. It is measured on a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is pure black, and 100 is bright white. A higher LRV means more light is reflected.
The LRV of Benjamin Moore White Dove color is 85.38. This means that it is on the higher side and represents bright white color, but not entirely.
What Are the Undertones of White Dove?
After talking about the LRV of the white dove, now it is time to know more about the undertones of the color.
Undertones are a subtle color that comes through the paint color. It is important to know the undertones of the paint color as it decides the overall vibe of the room. So make sure to know the undertones of the color if you do not want to have any unexpected colors in your home.
Benjamin Moore White Dove has subtle grey undertones, which is why the paint color appears off-white and creamy. The designers describe it as warm and creamy white color, which does not turn into yellow color after application. The subtle grey undertones balance the warm undertones in the paint color and do not make it appear stark.
If you have a room with a south-facing light, then Benjamin Moore White Dove will appear as a warm white color with grey undertones. And if you have north-facing windows or overcast weather, then a white dove appears on the cooler side. Although it never looks too cool or stark because of the counteraction of the warm undertones.
Why Is This Color So Popular?
It is a beautiful and cozy white paint color that many people love.
Many reasons led to the popularity of the white dove color. The two main qualities of this color that defines the admirability of this paint amongst people are its warmth and versatility. This color is tried and recommended by many reputed designers. The color can work in any room, style, or settings in your house. It blends seamlessly and gives a chic and minimal look to the place.
Where to Use This Paint?
Benjamin Moore White Dove is a classic white color and is considered an excellent choice by homeowners and designers as well. It can be used anywhere, like on the walls, interior doors, fireplace mantel, furniture, trim, or cabinets. The color turns out as a pretty shade regardless of the place it is painted.
1. On Walls
The White Dove color on the walls of any room or place will look luxurious and bright. The color will beautifully blend with diverse options of accents and styles in the interiors of the house. If you are struggling with what white to pick, then this one is a great choice for your place.
2. On Cabinets
The color of the cabinets gives a stunning look to them. The color makes it more welcoming with its subtle warm undertones. If your kitchen has warm shades, then painting the countertops or cabinets with the White Dove color is a good option.
3. On Trim
The color on the trim will give a clean look to the overall place. This bright color would be a perfect white color fit for the walls with the warmer shades. If you want to achieve a clear and neatly finished wall, then the white dove paint on the trim is the best option for you. It will make the room look brighter and more spacious.
What Color Pairs Well with The Benjamin Moore White Dove?
White Dove is a versatile white paint color that can go with many different color options. However, few options are tried and tested. The following color suggestions can pair well with the white dove color.
- Thunder – This paint color by Benjamin Moore can pair well with the white dove paint. It is a neutral paint color that has a mix of both warm and cool tones.
- Revere Pewter – It is a very beautiful paint color that is made by Benjamin Moore. It is a light mid-toned grey and has warm undertones. It works well with other neutral paints, like the white dove.
- Classic Grey – The Classic Grey by Benjamin Moore is a soft grey color that looks wonderful when paired with the white dove paint. It is a little warm grey with subtle green undertones.
- Charcoal Slate – The paint color, which has hints of charcoal grey, will look fantastic with the white dove paint. The undertones of the grey paint give a nice vibe to the place.
- Beach Glass – It is a refreshing cool grey color by Benjamin Moore. It looks beautiful when paired with the subtle warm-toned white paint color like the white dove.
- Accessible Beige – This Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams is considered a timeless paint color for its beauty. This stunning color gives a soothing effect to the place.
- Edgecomb Grey – The Edgecomb Grey by Benjamin Moore is a gorgeous grey color with beige undertones in it. The paint color gives a nice greige effect to the place. When paired with the whiter dove paint color, it gives a warm and welcoming vibe to the space.
- October Mist is a charming green hue with some subtle warm tones underneath it. It is a grey paint that gives a warm effect to the wall.
- Pale Oak – It is a warm-toned grey paint color by Benjamin Moore. The warmth of the pale oak paint color would fit perfectly well with the warmness of the white dove paint.
Benjamin Moore White Dove, hands down, are one of the best white paint colors that are available in the market. The subtle grey undertones and a slight warmth in the color make it a dream white color for many homeowners and designers.
We hope that you like our guide on the White Dove color and will get inspired by the color combination suggestions given above for your home.
If you are also looking for the perfect white color for your house, then your search ends here. The Benjamin Moore White Dove color can make your place look wonderful with its magical shades of undertones.
Good Luck, and color your house with this dreamy whiter paint.