Want to create something new in your home? Here is really something special to transform your home with a new look. With a deep history and aesthetic characteristics, Frenchic paint has its charm in home decor. It has a very own style that takes DIY ideas into home decor, offering a variety of styles, colors, and designs to transform your home.
Frenchic paint is a revolutionary mineral and chalk paint that has conquered the DIY industry. You can create a variety of styles and effects in your home interior with its wide range of options in colors and finishes. But what distinguishes Frenchic paint from other paints?
Pam Gruhn is a passionate entrepreneur who founded and created Frenchic paint in 2014. This is environment-friendly and offers excellent coverage options as it is simple to apply. Due to its unique formula for creating safety and commitment to producing environmentally friendly products, the brand gets popular quickly.
Best Ideas to Use Frenchic Paint Around Your Home
Here listed the top inspiring ideas to use Frenchic paint in your home. It includes the process, helpful advice, and additional complementary features to makeover your dream house.
Take out your paintbrush and get hold of it to have a colorful experience. There are no limits or restrictions when using Frenchic paint, so bring down your imagination into the real world with beauty.
1. Painting Furniture with Frenchic
Painting your furniture with Frenchic is a game changer when it comes to changing the way it looks. This paint comes in a variety of hues and finishes that can give old or worn-out furniture a new look. Painting something with Frenchic can fully restore the appearance of any piece of furniture. Here are some tips and ideas for using Frenchic when painting furniture.
- Cleaning and Preparation: Make sure to clean the furniture thoroughly and take off any old finishes or grease before beginning the painting. Repair any damages and sand down any rough sports too. Because it makes sure that the paint will adhere properly and have a smooth surface
- Go for The Suitable Color: Choose the right color from Frenchic’s extensive selection of colors, which ranges from classic neutrals to vibrant hues. Also, keep in mind the style and theme of your room before choosing. Make a statement by choosing a strong, contrasting color, or go for a subtle shade for a more sophisticated appearance.
- Apply Multiple Coats: It is often needed to apply several coats of Frenchic paint to get an even, opaque finish. Make sure that before applying the very next layer, let the previous one completely dry. This will guarantee rich and vibrant color.
- Play Around with Distressing: You can experiment with distressing techniques to create an antique or faded effect. After painting, gently sand down some parts, and pay special attention to corners to give it a worn-out appearance. This might give your piece of furniture more personality and charm.
- Wax or Varnish Finish: When the paint is dry, use wax or Frenchic finishing coat to protect and seal the newly painted furniture. This will increase paint durability and produce an elegant satin or matte finish.
- Use Decorative Techniques: If you want to try something really challenging, go for artistic methods like decoupage, stenciling, or hand-painted motifs. All these methods can give your furniture a distinctive and personalized touch.
2. Painting Kitchen Cabinet with Frenchic Paint
Frenchic paint is an affordable and effective option for painting cabinets when you are planning to update your entire kitchen. It offers a wide range of high-quality shades specially designed for kitchen cabinets. These long-lasting and attractive finishes can spruce up your kitchen space.
- Clean And Prepare: Before painting, the kitchen cabinets should be completely cleaned and get rid of any grease, dirt, and residue. Make sure surfaces are thoroughly dry before using a cleaning solution, such as a mild detergent. For easier access to clean, remove cabinet doors and hardware to give it a professional look.
- Color Selection: For kitchen cabinets, Frenchic paint offers a variety of color shades, including the AI Fresco range. This range of Frenchic is water-resistant and designed for high-traffic zones. So, choose a hue that goes well with your kitchen design and theme, from all varieties of traditional whites to striking shades and trendy neutrals.
- Prep And Priming: It’s crucial to prepare the kitchen cabinet before painting it properly. Surfaces should be sanded down to eliminate any glossy coating and add a rough texture for a better paint coating. Also, remember to use primer specially designed for kitchen cabinets to give a smooth and durable finish.
- Apply Thin Coats: It’s recommended to use Frenchic paint in thin and even coats when painting kitchen cabinets. This will stop leaks and give you better control over finishing. Use a foam roller or a high-quality brush for a smooth coating application. Remember, before applying the next layer, let it dry completely.
- Distressing Or Glazing Options: When you want to add some character and depth to your kitchen cabinet, think about distressing or glazing methods. Distressing techniques give a worn-out look, and the glazing technique creates a vintage or antique effect. Both methods can give cabinets individuality and aesthetic appeal.
- Final Protective Coating: Applying a protective topcoat is crucial for extending the lifespan of a painted cabinet. There are wide varieties of finishes available from Frenchic, including their finishing coat or wax. These finishes will add toughness and resilience to moisture and everyday use.
- Replace Hardware: Consider replacing your kitchen cabinet’s hardware as a finishing touch. New handles and knobs can instantly update the appearance and suit with freshly painted cabinets whether your desired style is sleek and modern or rustic and traditional, select hardware that suits your kitchen.
3. Painting Walls with Frenchic Paint
Frenchic is a great way to give any room in your home personality, style, and a new look. A variety of Frenchic paint options are ideal for walls, offering a smooth and durable finish that will completely change the entire look of your home. Here are the must-remember steps to paint your walls, have a look!
- Prepare The Walls: As with others, the walls also need to be thoroughly prepared before painting. Clean the walls to get rid of any dust, dirt, oil marks, etc. Sand down any spackle-filled holes or cracks to create a smooth flat surface. You can consider using a stain-blocking primer before painting if there are any stains or discolorations to ensure a smooth and even finish.
- Choose the Right Color Palette: There is a wide range of paint options available from Frenchic that are suited for walls, including their Frenchic Wall Paint range. This range is specially designed for interior walls to meet with interior decor and architectural elements. So, choose a color from soft neutrals to vibrant hues that complement and suit your ideal interior.
- Test the Color First: It is best to test the chosen color in a small area instead of applying it to the entire wall. This will give you a sense of how the color looks in your interior, specific lighting, and when compared to your existing surroundings. Also, it’s essential to ensure that you are content with the chosen color before applying!
- Set up For the Painting: If everything is prepared, also make sure to avoid paint splatters on the furniture around the walls. Cover the floors, furniture, and light fixtures with drop cloths or plastic sheets to protect them. Remove any wall decorations that hinder the painting process, such as lights, switch plates, wall accessories, etc.
- Start Applying The Paint: When painting, start by using premium quality paint brushes to cut the wall edges and paint the corners close to the ceiling and baseboard. Then work on manageable parts like the center of the wall, and apply the paint with a roller in straight, horizontal, or vertical strokes. For consistent coverage, make sure to overlap each stroke slightly. Lastly, before going to apply another coat, let the first coat completely dry.
- Give It a Try or Experiment: Using Frenchic paint for walls gives you a chance to be creative and try new methods. As an experiment, you can add visual interest by using stencils or making random patterns of various shades of the same color. It creates a focal point by painting an accent wall with different shades of color.
- To create an ombre effect, mix up any two or more shades! There are multiple options when it comes to incorporating unique shades into your wall.
- Finish And Protect: Think about applying a protective topcoat to the wall after the paint has completely dried. The variety of Frenchic finishes helps your walls to preserve the painted surfaces and increase their durability. This step is particularly crucial in areas that are prone to stains or moisture.
4. Frenchic Paint for Your Floors
It’s great to breathe new into your homes and give your floors a brand-new appearance with Frenchic paint. Whether they are outdated, worn-out, or damaged, opting for Frenchic offers a variety of paint options that are ideal for updating your floors. Here are some of the steps to follow while painting with Frenchic.
- Make the Surface Ready: The secret to a successful and long-lasting paint job on your flooring is proper preparation. To prepare your surface, scrub the floor well to get rid of dust, dirt, or debris. It’s crucial to lightly sand the surface to create a rough texture that will improve the paint’s adhesion. Also, fill up any holes or cracks with the proper filler and let it dry before moving on so the surface is dry and clear of moisture to start.
- Choose the Right Paint Options: Frenchic offers specialty floor coatings made to endure daily use and heavy foot traffic. Their floor paint range offers excellent durability and a finish that is resistant to scratches and scuffs. So, from the entire range, choose the paint that suits your taste and enhances the room’s overall interior design.
- Experiment with a Sample: It is often a good idea to test the chosen color in a tiny portion before applying the entire floor. This will give you a chance to check how the floor appears and allows you to make necessary modifications.
- Star with The First Coating: For an even consistency, mix the paint carefully in the beginning. Start applying the paint to the floor with a brush or a paint roller in the designated areas. First, go with corners, edges, and areas where the doors and shelves are presented.
- Apply the paint as thin and equal as your particular design and let it dry before applying the second coating. Also, it’s good to follow the manufacturer’s guide about drying times and recommended coats.
- Apply Protective Top Layer: Applying a protective coating may help a painted floor last longer and be more durable for a long time. One of the finishes the Frenchic offers, the Floor Lacquer, can add an extra layer of protection against damage. With this finish, your painted floor will be more resilient in high foot traffic zones as it protects from spills, stains, and scratches.
- Maintenance and AfterCare: It’s crucial to protect and take good care of the freshly painted floors after the paint has fully dried. To prevent scratches, avoid dragging furniture or heavy-weight objects across the surface. Use a light cleaning solution to suit painted surfaces for regular cleaning. This will help retain the color and its shine for many years.
In a nutshell, Frenchic paint offers countless options when it comes to your home transformation. With its versatility, you can give every corner of your home a new look with your personalized choices. From kitchen to living space, and floor to furniture, you can try DIY methods to bring out your individual style.
The above 4 ideas are the best example to inspire your creativity in turning old into new with a sense of elegance. Take a step now to embrace the beauty of your home with Frenchic paint!
Note down your imagination, find your desired colors, grab your brush, and paint your home!!